The lease is the document which sets out the terms agreed for a letting of a property between the Landlord and the Tenant.
The document should include:
- The names and addresses of the parties;
- The name and address of the property being let;
- The commencement rental
- The term (ie length of letting)
- The deposit figure
- A rent review clause;
- Landlord Covenants
- Tenant Covenants
- Any special provisions, i.e. pets and children.
- Break clause (if agreed between the parties)
The lease should be produced in duplicate and signed by both parties.
Appended to the lease should be an inventory of contents which are the landlords fixtures and fittings.
A condition report, in duplicate, needs to be prepared at the time of the lease.
The deposit will be placed with the myDeposit Jersey Scheme.